Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Healthier You

4 weeks down now. And another pound gone this week. Not too shabby. That's all I'm looking for, a pound a week. But I'm wishing I'd get closer to breaking 240 (only 7 pounds to go), so I can fulfill my promise of getting a massage with every 10 pounds lost!  I've spent so many years on the 'gosh, I can totally lose 30 pounds in 3 months right?' game and I'm done with it! I may lose the weight, but then I slack and it comes right back on. It takes some time, but it does. It helps I have created an awesome circle of people to help keep me encouraged. While Hades has decided to extend itself onto my area this week, so my walks may not be so much out doors this week, I'm am going to be keeping at it! We cleared out the living room to make way for the little one to play, which means I get room to work out more!! YAY ME!!!

I created a team, with some of those people that help keep me encouraged, for a program called 'Healthier You'. We get points for doing a whole bunch of stuff we were already doing, so I decided to try and get us rewarded for it. And the reward isn't just a healthier me, I asked to be sure. And I figure it will help keep me from getting too off track. I want to win!

Small changes, every day.

1 comment:

  1. A pound a week is 52 pounds a year. Last year, if someone said to you "Hey, would you like to be 52 pounds lighter one year from now?" you'd be like "Hells yeah." So keep on. Slow and steady really truly wins this race.

    ReplyDelete