Saturday, June 18, 2011

1.6!

For those trying to lose weight, weigh in day can make you have a huge smile all day or be pissed ALL DAY. So far I've managed to not get upset on 'bad' weigh in days, but I since I've really buckled down, I haven't had many bad days.  This week was actually a pleasant surprise when I saw I was down 1.6 pounds!! I thought the scale may be wrong, so I got off and stepped back on. Nope, still down 1.6. Hey I'll take it.

The body always fascinates me. Take for example, years of complaining to various doctors about being heavy and how hard it is to lose the weight and years of doctors doing blood work and finding nothing. All thyroid levels, insulin levels, blah blah blah are fine. That's why it was comforting to be told to consider PCOS. Now I didn't have all of the clinical symptoms of PCOS, but I did/do have a few. What finally convinced me I had it was considering family medical history of the women in my family.  It makes it easier to accept that you have to work harder because there is a real medical reason. So imagine my surprise when I go see the doctor about nothing related to my weight and she does blood work and BAM, my thyroid levels are elevated?? What?? I have an under active Thyroid? Seriously? And you want me to take medicine??  I don't go into taking any medicine for a long period of time without seriously researching it and making sure for myself that it is necessary. So that's where I stand, researching. But it's a very interesting development.

No comments:

Post a Comment